Our Flat!

Well, I thought I'd share some pictures of our new flat! I can't even tell you how excited I am right now about how things are going. I won't be moving in until our we get married in October, but my fiance's living there already. It's so nice to be able to visit him after work and we save a wee bit of money by chilling out at the flat instead of going out for dinner every night (which is still fun to do sometimes obviously!), money that could be better spent on all the work that still needs done to the flat.


This room is the one that will end up being my studio. I can't believe I'll actually have a whole room to spread out and do my work in.


And here's the view out my window, before the windows were all replaced. It's such a light and airy room. With the way the building is facing, we get light in all the rooms, luckily enough.


Standing in the kitchen, looking onto the living room. The floors in the living room and my studio are in cracking condition so we'll be able to do without carpets in those and just do up the floorboards. Jackpot!


Yeah, one of the previous owners wanted halogen lights so they stuck weird boxy false ceilings in almost all of the rooms. We might get rid of them one day, but it'll be a lot of work so for now we're just plastering over the holes and getting nice single light fittings in all the rooms.


A shot of the kitchen before Tim makes a mess of it


Our bedroom. Floorboards are a bit wrecked so we'll have to get a nice carpet.


Needless to say, I was well chuffed when we took off the chipboard covering the side of the bath and found that it wasn't a standard plastic affair, but a proper old-fashioned green bath. With leggy bits. Sweeeet.


This is when we started to move stuff in: a mixture of gifts and hand-me-downs. I can't believe how generous people have been. We're so grateful.


We hired a van to drag all the stuff over. And to pick up some wardrobes from Ikea, haha. 


More parcels in the living room. How cute is this little rocking chair from my aunty?


Christening the new kettle. Ugh, that sounds weird... I didn't pee in it or anything... Anyway! This is the first lot of teas and coffees made in the flat since it's been ours.


The windows are getting done at the moment and once the walls are painted and the floors are done, we'll be able to unpack all of the furniture and (once I've hung up a few skulls) it'll feel more like a flat. I was only there a couple of days ago and I miss being in the flat already so I think that's a good sign. I dropped off a load of baking so the kitchen cupboards don't look so bare and the plan is to cook dinner there tomorrow. Can't wait :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it, very stylish, you are so lucky! I want to get a plce with my bf, but we still are saving money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope you get a place. I can't wait to move into ours in October :)

      Delete