Recent CDs January 2014

Here are some recent arrivals I got in the post. I've been wanting these babies for ages (except the last one which only just came out), but I've only been able to justify buying them recently.


1. The Ruins of Beverast - Rain Upon The Impure
2. The Ruins of Beverast - Foulest Semen Of A Sheltered Elite
3. Ascension - Consolamentum
4. Vastum - Patricidal Lust

Here are some sample songs from each album:


The Ruins of Beverast - Soliloquy of the Stigmatised Shephard

The Ruins of Beverast - Blood Vaults (II - Our Despots Cleanse the Levant)

Ascension - Consolamentum

Vastum - Patrical Lust


I was a massive fan of Vastum's last album Carnal Law and and not embarrassed to say that Patricidal Lust has barely left my CD player since I got it. The band noticeably takes some inspiration from legendary band Nuclear Death, not only in the music's dark atmosphere and style of lyrics, but also pleasantly in having a female vocalist (Yay!) alongside a male vocalist.

Also, I can't really talk about The Ruins of Beverast without mentioning that he has a stonker of a new album out: Blood Vaults - The Blazing Gospel of Heinrich Kramer (Cryptae Sanguinum – Evangelium Flagrans Henrici Institoris). The sound is way creepier than his older stuff, but really atmospheric and beautifully put-together.



No comments:

Post a Comment