First Wedding Anniversary

Last Saturday was our first wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year. It feels like hardly any time has passed at all since I got married to the man of my dreams in a castle up in the hills. 

Although Tim's taking me to Edinburgh soon for a week to celebrate, it was good to be able to spend the day together on the actual day of our anniversary.


I made him a silly little card just so I had something to hand over. I'm still totally stoked that our initials are T & A, by the way.


And my mother-in-law made us this massive anniversary cake. Can you believe it? It's like three-tiered and everything.


We walked into town and picked up a takeaway coffee from a lovely cafe on the way (that we're yet to actually sit in instead of just getting takeaways from) and I drooled over the beautiful baking that we weren't going to buy any of considering we'd just been given a massive anniversary cake and were a bit caked-out.


I liked the colours of the ice-creams too.


More baking looking pretty behind the counter.


Once we got into town, we had a browse round an interesting craft market and then found a new cafe that I'll definitely be back to some time soon (especially since our usual favourite cafe has started getting food that's twice as expensive and stopped doing skimmed milk - what the heck?!)


Oh, and this was my little anniversary present to Tim since he's been so amazing to take me on another week's holiday: some luxury chocolate spreads from Hotel Chocolat. I probably should have listened to the girl when she warned that the hazelnut and chilli chocolate one is a bit more chilli than chocolate (it blows your head off a bit), but the salted caramel and pecan chocolate spread is amaaaaazing. Managing not to eat it all and leave some for Tim (whose present it was) is the hardest thing ever.

3 comments:

  1. congratulation on your wedding day! <3 That cake you mother in law made looks definitely like a wedding cake (without the topper) :)
    I had to jump back and look at the amazing couple getting wed. You look beautiful and I think Tim is gorgeous in the kilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, miss! :> Yeah, he does look gorgeous in it, doesn't he? x

      Delete
  2. That cake! It is stunning. I began to drool a bit while scrolling through the baked goodies. And chocolate caramel anything will be the death of me. Happy Anniversary to you two. :-)

    ReplyDelete