Chai Tea Cupcakes

I decided to make some chai tea cupcakes. I adapted a recipe for Earl Grey tea cupcakes (you can see the London Fog cupcakes I made using the same recipe here). The truth is that I wanted to use up this pack of Chai Tea teabags. I found that, in a tea, the teabags smell very much like lovely chai tea. However, the taste isn't the same - it seems to be all in the smell. So! The perfect solution: use them in baking! I think it worked pretty well. They sort of tasted like gingerbread, but gingerbread's tasty so it's all good, yeah?

Next time I'm going to try it with loose leaf tea and see how that goes. I already have a tin of amazing Yogi Yogi Chai from Tchai-Ovna, a local tea house here. I might try it with that!



This time I opted to skip the icing and sprinkled glitter straight onto the cakes when they were still hot so it stuck. You can use icing if you want though. Vanilla buttercream icing goes with everything.

1 comment:

  1. ooooohhhh, tea-cupcakes are so good!!! *-* Chai-tea is very good as well, I should try these ones!!

    ReplyDelete